[Nottingham] Awareness day - Time to do your stuff.

Duncan John Fyfe djf at star.le.ac.uk
Fri Oct 31 17:07:18 GMT 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Graeme Fowler wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Robert Postill wrote:
> > I have a P3 (somewhat aged) desktop and 21" monitor.  I also have a 10MB
> > hub and cables.
>
> <raising head out of mire of work and imminent babyage...>
>
> I'm supplying Duncan with four of those previously mentioned Dell desktop
> systems. They're not much, being 500MHz machines, but they'll do Knoppix OK, I
> guess.
>
> Unfortunately (not going into too much detail) there's been something of a
> difficulty in legal terms with who actually owns these machines, so they'll
> have to come back home to roost again next week. Probably. Maybe not,
> however...

Apart from the afore mentioned machines I'll be bringing.....

A 1.0 GHz Athlon, 256MB, Nvidia GF2MX running Debian.

Amongst other things it runs  Apache so  we can have a local web server.
I'll copy the LUG web pages for demo purposes.

I'm sure we could mong a local mail delivery system too.

It also has DVD + Mplayer + xine + ogle
(Yes I have DVD's which will play with one but not the others)
. So if Paul were able to get RevolutionOS off John we may
have some background noise.

BUT

I lack a set of portable speakers to give RevolutionOS any sound.
Anybody able to oblige ?

An 8 port 10/100 hub and a mix of cables.

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,