[Nottingham] SCO and erosion

Bunter Matthew nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 23 11:19:01 2003

All,

Before they started to peeve the inteligent people of the world, I =
signed up for information from Caldera/SCO (boy do I hate to admit =
that). They keep sending me junk mail.

Well I've thought of a way that we (the honest GNU/Linux users of this =
planet) can make a slow but steady dent in their finances :

Sign up for any and all information that SCO is willing to send out. =
Granted this is about 25 pence a letter but if enough people are getting =
sent information everyday/week/month than this cost will add up. Plus =
the cost of getting people to actually put the info into envelopes, =
hiring, databases for the mailing addresses etc. Slow but steady erosion =
of what little money SCO has may not make headlines or a large one-time =
impact but will without doubt cost them money.

Plus they put their address on the envelopes so one can quickly see that =
it should be binned.

Regards,

Matt Bunter