[Nottingham] Apache

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Sun Apr 11 09:53:48 BST 2004

Hi

On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 00:20, David Ginger wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what these error msgs might mean please ?
<snip>
> Connection to host alpha.kuznetsov.cccp is broken

Hmmm... have you changed anything recently? Your logs showing segfaults
while trying to access the php page indicate that something is passing a
SEGV back up to the Apache child serving the page. As you're running
PHP, and it is often library linked against all sorts of stuff
(databases and graphics engines being about the most common), have you
either upgraded Apache itself, PHP, or something like GD, pspell, MySQL,
PostreSQL?

Looks to me like you have a dependency problem somewhere causing either
PHP or Apache to bomb.

Graeme
--
Graeme Fowler <graeme at graemef.net>