[Nottingham] Debian download

Simon Amor simon at leaky.org
Wed Apr 14 00:16:32 BST 2004

If you're used to redhat, just switch to fedora. I tried debian and was
a convert for a few months before I found that fedora had all the fun
stuff I was used to, like being able to use a free mirror for updates,
but with the standard rpms that I'd used previously and all the file
locations still in the same place.

I found it was easier to use a cover dvd with debian on it and then
apply a load of updates than use jigdo. If you get desperate, I could
do a copy of the dvd if you can collect from Beeston/Bramcote area.

I've got to upgrade a live redhat 7.3 box to fedora sometime (without
breaking any of the services that it runs). That should be fun
considering one runs apache 1.3 and the other apache 2.0.

    Simon