[Nottingham] Re: Magazine distros

James Gibbon james.gibbon at virgin.net
Tue Apr 27 20:25:06 BST 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:44:31 -0700 (PDT)
Robert Macaraeg <utahbob62 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was at a newsagent and saw two Linux magazines with
> each with a 3 cd or dvd of the new Madrake and SuSE.
> Has anybody tried a distro this way?
> Thanks in advance,
> Bob

Every time, except for my very first Distro (bought a Redhat 6.2 box in
the Virgin Megastore on Oxford Street in 2000) and the occasion when
someone on this list was kind enough to bring a copy of RH8.0 to a
meeting, about a year ago.  It usually works very well .. out of about
(at a guess) 8 or 9 magazine-sourced installs, I've only come across one
badly-packaged distro.