[Nottingham] running processes logged out...

Robert Postill robert at grinning-cat.com
Thu Aug 5 13:53:45 BST 2004

David Wolfson wrote:

>First off, cheers for a good talk last night Rob, despite the mushy peas!

I must apologise profusely, I may never eat before a LUG meet ever again.

>You'll be gald to know that my automated backup sent me the daily e-mail to say it hadn't worked as usual this morning.  I think I might send them to the boss instead, then he might do something about it...

There's nothing like annoying someone to get a result, keep nagging,
find alternative/creative ways of nagging if you're not getting much
joy.  I had a boss who thought I was joking when I  moaned about
backups.  After a while my nagging wore him down.

>After post-talk pub discusions, I've found 'sudo' and will give it a go time allowing.

One of the great pieces of UNIX.

>  The other thing you told me about was something to let users processes continue to run once they'd logged out.  I thought you said it was called 'nohub'

Sorry, I may have slurred that one a bit :)
Robert.