[Nottingham] Install help

Mark O'Shea mark at musicalstoat.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 03:09:09 BST 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 05:24, Robert Macaraeg wrote:
> I am wondering if there will be an install festival?
> I am in need of some help to install linux on my
> notebook. I have tried two different distro and
> nothing works. I will pay in beers if needed.
> TIA,
> Bob

Hi Bob,

I don't know if there are any plans to have an intallfest soon in
Nottingham (and I couldn't help if there was as I'm living overseas at
the moment) but if you tell us what problems you have then perhaps we
can offer you some advice.

Have you had a look at the site http://www.linux-laptop.net/ ?  It has
links to lots of people's sites that have put linux on a wide variety of
laptops and have documented their experiences.

Also, what with laptops being so portable, you could take it along to
any of the NLug events and I'm sure someone would be there that could
help.

Regards,
--
Mark O'Shea