[Nottingham] sarge + webmin + no X + w3m = no go

Michael perl at tecspy.com
Fri Aug 13 17:34:52 BST 2004

I've had a dog of a day and I'm not very cheerful with my lot at the
moment - but anyhow, here goes: I installed Debian Sarge on machine this
afternoon to act as a postfix mail server -- simple! Set up apache2,
webmin, etc. Needed local https connection to allow webmin control from
elsewhere - installed w3m. Webmin under w3m shows the login prompt but
complains about the root login with "invalid characters in password" or
similar (can't check because I'm home now and unable to set it up
remotely). Google said nowt - debian bugs said nowt - don't know whether
to blame w3m or webmin-core at the moment. Now tired, hungry, and just
been rained on for half an hour during uphill bike ride home.

Ugh,
Michael.