[Nottingham] Flash development in linux

Darren Fuller darren.fuller at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 29 10:02:57 BST 2004

Dalkus wrote:

>hi all, i wonder if anyone can help.
>
>I recently started learning how to use flash and i would really
>like a way to be able to develop flash websites or whatever
>i would be making in linux.
>
>Ive looked around for linux flash development tools and i havnt
>had much luck, ive found projects like F4L which looks fantastic
>but it in very early alpha and in their own words:
>
>	"F4L is in such early stages of design that it is not recommended for use by
>people without knowlege of C++, QT, Ming, etc."
>
>So, heres my question: Does anyone know of any stable (or
>more stable than the above) linux flash tools?
>
>thanks

Macromedia are looking at releasing a Linux port of Flash, but in the
mean time Cross-Over Office provides very good support for Macromedia
Flash. In terms of Open Source products I have no idea, although if
anyone else does know of some I'd love to hear about them myself.

Daz

--

www.myvoicemyvote.com - Giving the people a voice