[Nottingham] Social This Wed

Roger Light Roger.Light at nottingham.ac.uk
Sun Aug 29 22:11:30 BST 2004

Martin wrote:

>> More beers in Roebuck as usual ?
>
> After the very ignorant shoddy lacklustre 'service' last time, I'm not
> so sure... I'll give them one chance to redeem themselves.

Are you sure you just weren't having a bad night? None of the rest of us had any problem. I don't think I've ever had any complaints with the Roebuck and it's just the right type of place for us. Large, light, quiet and plenty of nice (and cheap) beer.

Simon wrote:

> Langtreys is a great place, nice and cosy.

I would have described it as small and dingy but there you go. I've not got anything against it in principle, but I wouldn't have said it was the place for us.

Cheers,

Roger