[Nottingham] Which distribution?

Robert Ross rross at dmu.ac.uk
Thu Dec 2 15:25:12 GMT 2004

Hi Ron,

> >Is there a distribution that can reformat the hard-drive
> without losing
> >the existing Windows setup? I'm hoping to
> >have both Linux and Windows operating on the same hard-drive
> (but on different partitions) until I have
> >successfully got everything working under Linux.
> >
> >Thanks for your help.
> >
> >Ron

I used acronis (www.acronis.com) which is free for personal use (unlike
partition magic - I think).  Worked fine for me when messing about with a
WinXP disk and resizing on the fly.  I haven't tried to partition and
install linux after using it, so I don't know how helpful this pointer will
be.

Have a look at the site - 'free' trial at the bottom of the page.

Robb