[Nottingham] A drop of port

Robert Ross rross at dmu.ac.uk
Fri Dec 3 09:22:45 GMT 2004

Hi Kelley,

> According to /etc/services it's webcache:
>
> webcache        8080/tcp                        # WWW caching service
> webcache        8080/udp                        # WWW caching service

Didn't think of looking in /etc/services first <slaps head> Duh! </slaps
head>.
However, as the Tomcat docs say to put it on 8080 then I assumed that this
would be clear (never assume... Makes an ASS out of U and ME)
Anyway, put Tomcat on 8003 (which is currently unassigned) and tried again -
not luck - same error.

I wonder if this is a case of the logs giving wrong info (won't be the first
time)

> Can't pour it over the phone line :-)

E-alcohol consumption, now there's a project!

Robb