[Nottingham] OpenOffice.Org grammer checker required

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Sun Dec 12 20:19:33 GMT 2004

On Sunday 12 Dec 2004 19:17, Tony Shaw wrote:
> I am using an ethernet connection, and I have tried upgrading from mdk
> 9.2 to mdk 10.0 & mdk 10.1, althought they both setup the connection
> during the upgrade and via the full install I still can not use the net.
> All I get when I try to use the net is that the settings are not correct
> or something along those lines. So I have to re-install mdk 9.2 in-order
> to use my net connection correctly.

I've been using NTL broadband since August on Mdk 10.0, so it can work!

When you say 'all I get when I try to use the net....' what do you mean?  When
are you getting the message that settings are not correct, and what is giving
you this message?

FWIW, my ethernet settings are set to
DHCP
DNS1=192.168.4.10
DNS2=194.168.8.100
hostname is set to main.familyaldred.org.uk (not that that matters outside the
house!).

Just one other thought: have you checked the firewall settings (in the
Security section of the Mdk 1.0 Control Centre)?  The default is (as I
recall) very restrictive: it certainly gave me a few problems when first
setting up net access from Mandrake, and more problems when sharing the
connection.

--
David Aldred