[Nottingham] some iptables magic required and cheap or even free DNS

john m howitt jmhowitt at mac.com
Thu Dec 30 13:09:53 GMT 2004

I can't help on the iptables as i am at the bottom of the learning
curve on this. But if you are determined to do it really cheap you can
reduce your DNS costs by using granitecanyon.com
http://www.granitecanyon.com/  which bills itself as follows

  " The Public DNS Service is a public service provided by Granite
Canyon Group, LLC. The Service offers both primary and secondary DNS
free of charge to anyone who asks. The Service maintains UPS protected
FreeBSD servers that satisfy DNS queries. The servers are
geographically separated and all are connected to the Internet via 7x24
dedicated lines with disjoint routes to the Internet's North American
backbones."

john m howitt
+44 (0)7050 102572
www.egolight.com
www.edication.com

  Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily
mine, as I've not yet had my medication today.