[Nottingham] Printing multiple copies from WinXP

David Wolfson eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 2 12:31:13 GMT 2004

As a relative newbie, who seems to be administering a (relatively) succesful print and file server, having used nothing but windows before I found RedHat9 increadibly easy.  It found hardware without any trouble, and shares/networks just seem to work most of the time...

Dave

>>> eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk 02/02/04 12:02pm >>>
We have a RedHat9 box (I gather this list preferes Debian...sorry) running as a print and file server across the network via samba.  As opposed to its Win2000 pedecessor, this actually works (yay!) but will not print multiple copies from winXp machines via samba (boo!).  Multiple copies are not a problem on Linux, or from win9x, but XP seems to have a problem...

I can't seem to find anything about multiple copies in smb.conf. Any ideas?

Cheers

Dave

ps printing is via CUPS....