[Nottingham] accessing pci bus with kde and mepis

Sarah Swindell windyswindy at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 18 20:01:47 GMT 2004

Hi,
I'm new to linux (using mepis) and can't work out how to grant myself (as
user rather than root) access to the pci bus where my sound card and
internal modem reside. (I can't use the modem as root either, so might have
not set up Kppp properly)
one of my mates has recommended typing chmod o +wr in the console, but I
guess the syntax was wrong because it just pointed me to the help menu.
any ideas?
Cheers,
Sarah