[Nottingham] I still can not get my Mini Digital Camera to work with Mandrake 9.1

David Bean david at dbean.uklinux.net
Sun Feb 22 09:44:36 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 19:36, Tony Shaw wrote:
>         According to
>         http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?threadid=68391 the driver is included in libgphoto2, for which there's a Debian package in testing & unstable.  Don't know about Mandrake though.  The driver is called sq905.
>
> But Mandrake does not seem to have that driver in any of its camera
> lists, can any one offer any further help. As I an currently using
> Bindows 98se just to run the cameras image downloading software, I
> would like to get rid of Bindows all together. Thank you

Replace Windows with Debian sarge?

Don't want to do that? hmm...
http://packages.debian.org/testing/libs/libgphoto2-2
Download the source, patch, compile and install it.

May or may not work, I still haven't tried mandrake since I had problems
with it.

I'm also not sure how that will interfere with the Mandrake package
manager. Does mandrake have a source RPM for this package, what version
is it, and will the debian patch apply to it?

Dave Bean