[Nottingham] I still can not get my Mini Digital Camera to work with Mandrake 9.1

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Sun Feb 22 10:42:44 GMT 2004

Hi

On 21 Feb 2004, at 19:36, Tony Shaw wrote:

> I still can not get my Mini Digital Camera to work with Mandrake 9.1,
> I have tried all the drivers from GPhoto & FLPhoto but none seem to
> work.

Sounds like you need the version of gphoto2 from CVS, aka. the
"bleeding edge" version.

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=8874  has more details of how to
get it - this is the unreleased, in development, moving target version
so it may compile or it may not. Just create yourself a "builds"
directory in your home directory, cd into it, and do the CVS checkout
there. That way you can (a) learn a bit about CVS, and (b) download,
configure and compile the app "locally" without bending anything on
your system.

I'd strongly suggest that you have a good look around
http://www.gphoto.org/ seeing as that's the software you're probably
going to end up using.

http://www.gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php contains the line "SQ
chip camera (EXPERIMENTAL)", so it may or may not work.

Graeme