[Nottingham] I am still having problems with getting my DSC Camera to work with Mandrake 9.1

James Gibbon james.gibbon at virgin.net
Mon Feb 23 13:03:30 GMT 2004

Tony Shaw wrote:
> Hi to one & all,
> I am still having problems with getting my DSC Camera to work with
> Mandrake 9.1, even though I have tried to install version 2.1.4 of
> 'libgphoto2'.
> I can not get the sq905 driver displayed in the list's within GPhoto or
> the Madrake 9.1 ControlPanel\Peripherals\Digital Camera, so it look as
> it I will have to upgrade from Mandrake 9.1 to 9.2 or just use Bindows
> to get the picture from my SQ Technology chip set DSC Camera. Thank's
> for all the help anyway it was appreciated. Well at least I have got one
> use for Bindows at the moment anyway.

I downloaded a recent version of gthumb yesterday, and noticed
that it now has an option to import photos from a digital
camera, with an auto-detect option.  It probably just uses the
gphoto libraries I guess, but it might be worth a try.

I haven't tried it myself as I normally just use an alias to
pull photos in from the camera (aliased to this):

gphoto2 --camera "Olympus D-450Z" --port /dev/ttyS0 --get-all-files