[Nottingham] Another geek joins the fray...

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 18:36:05 GMT 2004

Ian Leitch wrote:
[...]
> Just thought I'd sign up and see whats going on.

Lots... As you've seen...

> This is the first LUG I've contacted, because to be honest... They scare
> me a little, I imagine scences like this: [1]. The Peterborough LUG (my
> home town) mentioned tea and biscuits on their website, so I kept clear
> ;) I'm glad to see you all seem to prefer beer though!

Yep, and Spitfire is on special offer at the moment in our favourite
haunts. (We did get biscuits at the Green's Mill Linux Awareness Day. (:-P))

> From the pictures on your site, it looks like most are quite a bit older
> than I (19), so I'm not sure about coming to any meetings yet.

Don't worry... Its all relative!

> I'm a first year student at Trent doing Software Engineering.. for those
> wondering :)
>
> 1:
> http://www.stufflikethat.org/archives/lwny2000/photos/nylug/images/20000207-set1_4_640x480.jpg

Wow! If you're the one on the left, then your beard is spectacularly
better than mine. A good 9/10 for Geekieness!!!

 > Gentoo Linux Developer

OK, confirmed geek.

You're very welcome with all us other youngsters. Sorry, but you've been
resoundly beaten as _not_ being the youngest geek to attend. (No prizes
for embarrasing the contenders.)

I'll also promise not to ask you to give a developer talk (;-))

Hope to see you at the next bash(s)... Or onlist even.

Have fun,

(Computer Engineer of not too long ago.)
((Mandrake 9.2/ GNU/ Linux 2.4.!!))

martin at ml1.co.uk