[Nottingham] Shared filesystem

Joe Wrigley joe at wrigley.me.uk
Wed Jan 28 20:16:48 GMT 2004

Scenario:

I have a dual boot laptop with Windows XP and Gentoo Linux. I have a
partition I want to use for data which I have been using to share data
between the two OSs. I would like to be able to mount the partition on
/home with useful permissions. A FAT derivative doesn't really fit the
bill, and ext* isn't supported in any low-level way in windows
(explore2fs can be useful, but I want something that works in a more
"native" way). Is there any file system that can be used by both OSs,
more useful than FAT?

Thanks,

Joe