[Nottingham] Konqueror Audio CD Browser spinning and crazy modprobes

Derek Huskisson derek at huskisson.free-online.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 16:08:05 BST 2004

On Friday 02 Jul 2004 09:47, msemtd at yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> Hi all,

> I think the fault may be in my config of module-init-tools (I haven't
> touched it out of the box) but the README and README.debian don't help me.
> The suggestion from the debian-kde list to add lines to /etc/modutils like
> "alias block-major-15 off" won't help because (other than not knowing what
> on earth this means :) ) /etc/modutils is a directory! I think i need a
> course in the latest developments in hardware detection that go on in
> modern distros.
>
> Regards,
> Michael.

Hi Michael
		I haven't used Debian for a couple years,  but the " alias block-major-15
off" etc would be placed in - /etc/modutiles/aliases. And then a script
called, I think, "update-modules" or similar would be run which takes the
"aliases2 file plus others in the /etc/modutiles directory and place them
in /etc/modules.conf (or something like that). There would be a reference to
the script name to run in the /etc/modules.conf file-- saying words to teh
effect of "DONT update this by hand--use so&so script"

	Alias-block-major-18 is for the sjcd and sbpcd is alias-block-major-25(-28).

						Derek