[Nottingham] Sound Gone

Peter Woods peterwoods at f2s.com
Tue Jul 6 19:55:50 BST 2004

Jonathan Hipkiss wrote:
[...]
> ... 10.0 fixed that but now it says I don't
have a sound card,
> which I do and it worked fine in 9.2.
>
> Any ideas?

Mandrake 10 has a new version of sndconf /
soundconfig (I can never remember how it is
spelt.)

The later version does not recognise the
(*rappy old) sound card in my box.

I tried to RPM the old soundconf but didn't
get very far.
(Canned M10 for various reasons including
this.)

The old sound card was not recognised by the
installer in M9.2/9.1,
so you had to RPM in the sndcnf thing
manually.
(Why it didn't install it when the installer
knows it's needed, because it tells you to
use it whinge whinge?)

So if the installer is not recognising your
card, try the new or even the old sdconfig.

HTH

Pete