[Nottingham] linux Meeting Tomorrow Wed 21/07/2004 (new venue)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 23:47:31 BST 2004

James Beckett wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 18:34, Martin wrote:
>
>> > "Home Distributed Computing Projects and other fun things with idle
>> > CPU cycles"
>> >
>> > Low tech talk at the Navigation Inn just to try a change.
>
> It sounded interesting, but I couldn't make it; would someone like
> to put a write-up on <http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/meetings.html> ?

See the neighbouring thread for the links. I'll have a look again at our
website unless Duncan can beat me to it...

>>(... Now, how to update the web page...)
>
> Is <nottingham.lug.org.uk> not easy to get updated, or something?

Not really. Just time and hand hacking to keep the same format and my
trying to drunkenly remember whatever passphrase I put in there on ssh
whenever last year. It's amazing the junk you can sometimes remember!

> How about <http://wiki.earth.li/NottLUG>, which also purports to
> contain reports of meetings? (though the last such was in 2002!)

We've got our own wiki on:
nottingham.lug.org.uk/new

from much hard hacking from James. We need to tweak it to make it our
main site.

First, change the banner to a graded green background so that nlug shows
up on anything else aswell as a Mac monitor?...

Must make more time... (Or make more efficient use of the present!)

martin at ml1.co.uk