[Nottingham] Broadband Bullwell

Paul Sladen notlug at paul.sladen.org
Thu Jul 29 14:01:07 BST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Josh Lock wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:49:46 +0100, Alex Herington <alex at fnet.nu> wrote:
> > Josh Lock wrote:

Hello Josh,

May I introduce you to the concept of *snipping* unneeded quoted text before
replying.  I know the gmail hides it for _you_, but it doesn't for everyone
else...

> P.S: Anyone know what NTLS monthly transfer cap is?

I think it is 1GB 11 days out of 14.  ie, if you go over one of the other
three days out of 14 you might aswell saturate.  However, Common Antenna TV
(CATV) is a about sharing and you should remember that it is a shared
connection with other people and they may want low-latency SSH once in a
while just as much as you!  :-)

> P.P.S: What do they do when you tell them you run Linux?

I wouldn't bother, it only serves to confuse the old dears.  Any machine
with an Ethernet port and a DHCP client (``automatically detect my IP''...)
will work.

When/if they ask you to reboot, keep them on the line for 60 seconds or so
while for you "reboot" your Windows machine *cough*.

Hope that helps,

	-Paul
--
Is there no safe way to travel?  London, GB