[Nottingham] Beers TONIGHT in The Last Post, Beeston (2004/07/29)

David Aldred laptop at familyaldred.org.uk
Fri Jul 30 17:52:28 BST 2004

In message <4109804E.3060905 at ml1.co.uk>, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk>
writes:
>David Aldred wrote:
>> In message <41093E10.9090403 at coconutsmusume.co.uk>, Simon Osborne
>><flibblesan at coconutsmusume.co.uk> writes:

>>> is this still on tonight?
>>  Only just saw this...  anyone going?

>Simon, David,
>I think we were the only three due to turn up... Hope noone else found
>an empty pub.

Daniel turned up as well - so there were three of us!

An interesting couple of hours playing with the command line on the
laptop ensued, including making the interesting discovery that a command
which shouldn't have done anything (since not being run as root) did do
something.  We stopped it before it did too much :-).

--
|\avid Aldred   / David at familyaldred.org.uk  \   Nottingham, England