[Nottingham] Q how to disablle Mandtake 9.2 screen saver

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat Jun 5 12:55:15 BST 2004

rwd Nickalls wrote:
> I am running Mandrake 9.2  in the department in an interactive  way which
> requires
>  the screen to be ON at all times - and I therefore need to stop
> the screen saver cutting in.
> Can anyone tell me how to disable the screen saver? - either permenantly,
> or just
> perhaps setting the time interval to say, 1000- secs etc would do.
> Which files do I edit, and what exactly do I edit?
> (The screen saver options from the control center do not  do what we want
> unfortunately)

You've got the possibility of two sets of screen savers and then there's
the power saving mode...

Assuming you're using KDE and that you've not done anything 'clever',
then likely you haven't got any X screen savers active.

Hence, firstly try a right-click on your desktop, select the Screen
Saver icon and uncheck the "Start screen saver automatically".

Next, to disable the power saving mode. Look through the configure menus
for Power Control and then Display Power Control. Uncheck the "Enable
display power management".

Good luck,

martin at ml1.co.uk