[Nottingham] Mandrake 10, PCMCIA cards missing on boot?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 23:03:47 BST 2004

David Aldred wrote:

> Just when I thought I'd got all my networking and laptop stuff sorted...

[...]
> $  service pcmcia restart

Should this not be:
service pcmcia start
?

[...]
> Incidentally, if I want to automatically run that script at the end of
> the boot process, where should I put it / call it from?

/etc/rc.d/rc.local

...And have you got the 'new hardware' detect enabled, and the pcmcia
hotplugging enabled?

Another possibility is that zeroconf has taken over the lan settings.
You might just need to go through the network wizard again.

Sorry, just a few guesses.

Regards,

martin at ml1.co.uk