[Nottingham] Re: Tape Backup failure

David Wolfson eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jun 14 12:25:42 BST 2004

Yup. It's DDS3.  Presumably they can get away with selling them like this as

<quote>
a 12/24 tape can *only* carry 24GB of data if the data is compressed
by the drive
<unquote>?

If this is the case I presume that I'm still better of doing the compression with tar, rather than letting the drive do it?

So much for the ronseal effect,
Dave