[Nottingham] pop3 problems

danny danny at rootshell.be
Sat Jun 19 17:21:36 BST 2004

Hi,

Configuring a new server and have got to configuring the mail server. I
decided to go for postfix and got it working great after much work :)

I then tried to get pop3 working but i cant seem to suceed. I wonder if anyone
can help? :)

im using the courier-imap pop3 deamon (as suggested by the documentation i was
reading from)

I can telnet to localhost port 110 and it connects fine, but people outside my
network cant. (the port is rooted correctly)

Sending and recieving mail from all domains works

Connecting to ah.homelinux.org (my server) with kmail says couldnt connect to
host ah.homelinux.org

I rang and checked, my ISP (pipex) dosnt block any ports so tahts not the
problem.

anyone offer any advice? thanks