[Nottingham] Re: NLUG talk to 28/04/2004?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 13:11:42 BST 2004

Martin Garton wrote:
[...]
> I don't know whether I could give a useful talk because firstly I don't
> know whether everyone already knows more than myself on a given subject
> (they probably do), or secondly whether anyone is interested in hearing
> about it.
[...]

Very likely yes.

Also note that part of the 'Open Source' philosophy is to throw secrecy
and personal embarrassment to the devil to open up all to 'peer review'
to gain invaluable feedback to improve the knowledge of all. ESR has
just written a book about it... (Must pay SB-LUG a visit (;-))

If you have something new or recent that you're exploring or developing,
then let us all know. One, we'll likely be interested. Two, we might
learn something or at least see something new. Three, we might
collectively conjure up some new ideas, refinements, or just clobber a
few bugs.

Go for it!

(And if you know what a command line is, then you're well into geekdom
and free from all embarrassment in any case!)

... So what topic?

Regards,
[Yet Another] Martin

martin at ml1.co.uk