[Nottingham] Newbie intro

Simon Osborne flibblesan at coconutsmusume.co.uk
Mon May 10 22:14:58 BST 2004

danny wrote:

>>The Linux is SUSE 8.2.  If I can get it to talk to my Windows
>>network and the networked printer and Internet connection...
>

> SUSE isnt the best choice for a linux newbie in my opinion. Its a solid distro
> once youve got soem experience in linux but if you dont you will probably
> find it hard to maintain and setup.

SuSE was the first distribution I ever used way back when 5.2 was on a
PC Plus coverdisc. I find it a good rock-solid distribution and I even
bought three editions of it a few years ago (6.0, 6.2 and something else...)

I do really like Debian based distributions, and I think Linspire is a
good choice for new users (and can be upgraded using APT instead of
clickandpay).

Oh, sorry to steal your thread :)

Simon