[Nottingham] Introduction (repeat?) Text only Linux

Michael perl at tecspy.com
Fri May 14 23:14:16 BST 2004

Martin wrote:

> Myself, I prefer a BIG text terminal window as part of a nice lazy KDE
> setup...

Me too - I'm a recent convert away from screen/mc/vi to X/KDE but still
spend all day in the commander or kvim - its just... prettier! (a crazy
animated supercaramba desktop overlaid with transparent konsoles and
drop-shadows on my monospaced fonts!)

For a bare bones setup I recommend reading Linux From Scratch and using
a subset of something like Slackware - unless you want help with clever
package management: in which case Debian netboot will give you a kernel,
bash, and as little as you want!

Regards,

Michael.