[Nottingham] Mandrake 10 moan

Tony Shaw tony at shaw5336.freeserve.co.uk
Tue May 18 13:35:33 BST 2004

Hi to one & all,

Having recently got Mandrake 10 on the cover of Linux Format - DVD
version, I have tried installing it both over Mandrake 9.2 & on its own
but I have now gone back to 9.2 due to the following:

1) I can not seem to set-up my NTL Broardband (which is connected via a
network card,) I have tried to set it up as per Mandrake 9.2 using the
Lan setting as well as a Cable setting but it still did not work. Which
is a bind as I need  my internet connection.

2) My DSC (2770) digital camera does not seem to work with Mandrake 10,
but Mandrake 9.2 see it as an Argos DC-1510.

Mandrake have also messed up (as far as I am concerned anyway,) they
have removed the mouse support from the installation set-up, that and
they have decided to give you an A to Z list of file in the 'Individual'
file selection, instead off the section by section set-up that Mandrake
9.2 has.

So it look's as if I am sticking with the version of Mandrake I can use
for a while!

I've use my email address, (well the one that I signed up to this LUG
with any way) this time.