[Nottingham] HI-204S GPS USB hardware

Mike Cardwell lug at blubbernet.com
Thu May 20 15:21:52 BST 2004

I have bought a GPS receiver. It works ok under Windows. I am having
difficulty getting it to work under Linux, even though I know it does...

It's a HI-204s model
I am running:
Fedora Core 1
Custom kernel 2.6.6

Basically, I have never used any usb hardware under Linux before, so I am
probably missing something from the kernel. I have tried getting the
software to talk to /dev/ttyUSBx but it fails for each of them. Where
should I look, and what basic stuff do I need to know? :)

I'm running the navigation software as user root. It's not a permissions
issue with the device, it says "No Such Device"...

--
Digital photo printing: http://www.fotoserve.com/
Personal website : http://www.blubbernet.com/