[Nottingham] synchronisation - Cygwin holds the key

David Wolfson eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri May 21 09:31:03 BST 2004

[Thought I'd drop a line to let you know that I've got a solution to this. All that it's not doing is deleting files...]

Also now solved, C/o:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2002-July/003228.html

Turns out if you use "/." rather than "/*" it treats the directory structure differently...?  I've heard the phrase 'slash-dot' about the place.  Is this part if the origin?

Dave