[Nottingham] KDE: reserving desktop space - how?

msemtd at yahoo.co.uk msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 25 12:29:40 BST 2004

Hi all,
I'm a recent convert to KDE and I have it "just so" with a few minor niggles:
I'm running KNewsTicker as a borderless/on-top/sticky window across to top of
all my desktops but the other windows don't respect it(!) when it comes to
maximising. Under XFCE4 I was able to instruct the window manager (xfwm4) to
reserve desktop space on the extremities so that maximised windows wouldn't
cover those areas. I know that this feature is optional under the Linux
window manager standards (http://freedesktop.org/Standards/wm-spec) but is it
available under KDE? (I'm sick of Alt-mouse3-resizing windows out of the
way :) )

Regards,
Michael Erskine (general dogsbody).