OT Re: [Nottingham] Re: Tux Games mail is still unread

Mike Cardwell mike at blubbernet.com
Tue May 25 17:10:09 BST 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Simon Huggins wrote:

> But it doesn't solve spam.  It just means spammers have to spam with
> addresses on your whitelist.  So say anyone's address on this list could
> be used to spam Michael.
>
> Challenge Response doesn't really solve /anything/ as far as I can see.

But the chance of a random spam message to him having been spoofed with
one of the email addresses on his whitelist is incredibly small...

I wrote a similar system my self, and it has been very very effective.
Any email that isn't from someone on my whitelist is filtered through
spamassassin. Any emails that spamassasin rejects gets filtered into a
separate mailbox, and the sender is sent an email telling them how to add
themselves to my whitelist so I will get their email. I go weeks without
getting a single spam email sometimes.

Certainly solved something for me...

--
Digital photo printing: http://www.fotoserve.com/