[Nottingham] URGENT - Hardware Help required

SkArcher SkArcher at ceasethinking.com
Wed May 26 03:03:42 BST 2004

Hi, I don't post much but I hope some ppl remember me

Without going into all the gory details, my graphics card is dying on it's
feet.

With all the gory details, I got a general slowdown and eventual crash of
the machine about 2 hours ago. After blaming windozes and arsing about
with drivers for an hour, I went into Mandrake and it did the same thing

Then I noticed the Graphics Card's Heat Sink fan wasn't turning >_<

I managed to mount and old socket 7 fan onto the heatsink but it's....
less than optimal, as it doesn't fit properly and it help on - quite
literally - with duct tape

Has anyone got a spare GFX card I can borrow, or a GFX card I can buy? I'm
currently too poor to shell out for anything new.

The current GFX card is a NVidea GeForce 440 MX 64 Mb - obviously anything
at all will do as a loan card, but I'd only buy something equivalent or
better

--
  Al, Hoping someone can help