[Nottingham] Keyboard not working on graphical start-up

Iain Lennon ril at doctors.org.uk
Sun May 30 09:00:16 BST 2004

Hi,

I have a problem with the keyboard on my Mandrake 10 Official system locking
as it comes to the login screen within X. Switching out to the terminal, and
then back to X cures the problem 100% of the time, but I'd rather it worked
from boot, so my wife didn't have problems logging in for her email

My keyboard is an older model using the PS2-like connector.
The only note I can fing in syslog about a keyboard is the following

kernel: input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0

In the XFree86 log I found

(II) Keyboard "Keyboard1" handled by legacy driver

This problem did pop up for me in previous versions of mandrake, but only
intermittantly. It's now a complete pain!

Anyone ecountered similar? any fixes?

And just to add to previous discussion about Mandrake 10.0 apart from the
above I've had no problems. It even correctly configured access to my WLAN

Iain