[Nottingham] Firewire Support

Alex Walker alex at x3ja.co.uk
Sun May 30 17:42:31 BST 2004

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 08:27:33AM +0100, Darren Fuller wrote:
> Does anyone know of a IEEE 1394 card which works under Linux (I'm
> using Mandrake 9.2).  I've had a look at a couple over at EBuyer, Aria
> and the Direct USB Store but can't find any info on them.

I bought the cheapest one going from Ebuyer... it didn't even come with
a box or any branding, but it works fine... let me find out what it was
called...

Aist Movie Card IEEE 1394 FireWire Card with 3 External Ports including
1.8m cable 4p - 6p (QuickFind: 59478)

Unfortunately it seems to have been discontinued from there, but for
£9.99 it has been a bargain and I've been using it with my iPod for a
couple of months now... although I do get the occasional freeze when
pluggin my iPod in, but I don't know whether that's a hardware, kernel
or software problem.

So yeah, get a cheapo one :)

Alex

--