[Nottingham] A meeting suggestion - bring your problem machines

Iain Moppett Iain.Moppett at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 09:59:30 BST 2004

Good idea for us newbies.

Iain

Iain Moppett
Clinical Lecturer
University Department of Anaesthesia
C Floor, West Block
Queen's Medical Centre
Derby Road
Nottingham
NG7 2UH
UK
+44 (0)115 924 9924 Ext 42855
iain.moppett at nottingham.ac.uk
>>> msemtd at yahoo.co.uk 10/04/04 4:52 PM >>>
I've noticed that a lot of the chat both on the list and in the pub after
meetings seems to be about real sticking points that require some greater
mindset to solve. One meeting idea that I would welcome is for everyone to
bring along their problem machines and the collective knowledge should be
able to sort them out!
I'm sure I'm not the only group member who has some persistent Linux
annoyances on particular machines; be it keymap troubles, XFree86 strife, or
a bit of hardware that just won't play ball. Hell, I have some machines at
work that defy all distribution installers and rescue CDs!
I believe that such a meeting would be great fun: everyone would learn a thing
or two, brains would get exercised, machines would get exorcised (:)), and
problems would be banished forever.
What do folks think?

Regards,
Michael.