[Nottingham] Mandrake10.1, lib/cpp and dvds

Peter Aldred peter at familyaldred.org.uk
Thu Oct 14 14:38:18 BST 2004

Hi everyone,

I've recently upgraded to MDK 10.1 CE (pretty, new kernel :) anyone want
cds?) and while most stuff works fine (and some has even improved - my
Palm now syncs via usb :) ) a couple of things have become slightly
fubar'd.

Firstly, whenever I try to compile from source,  I get the error:

#checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
#checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
#checking dependency style of g++... none
#checking whether g++ supports -Wmissing-format-attribute... no
#checking whether gcc supports -Wmissing-format-attribute... yes
#checking whether g++ supports -Wundef... no
#checking whether g++ supports -Wno-long-long... no
#checking whether g++ supports -Wnon-virtual-dtor... no
#checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
#configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
#See `config.log' for more details.

And I can't work out how to fix it! I've trawled google and mandrakeclub,
but nothing that I've found has worked. I have g++ installed (at least,
urmpi says I have).

Another (unrelated) problem is DVD playback using xine via Kaffeine. this
was fine under MDK10, but now playback is jerky and the video falls
further and further behind the sound as the film goes on. I have libdvdcss
installed, and DMA enabled on both drives (both give the same problem),
which are the only two suggested solutions I've been able to find. Any
ideas?

Thanks in advance,
--
Pete Aldred