[Nottingham] Mandrake10.1, lib/cpp and dvds

Peter Chang Peter.Chang at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Oct 14 14:47:09 BST 2004

Peter,

> Firstly, whenever I try to compile from source,  I get the error:
>
> #checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
[snipped]
> #checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp

This is like teaching grannies to suck eggs. There's two possibilities:
You're either missing the Gnu C++ compiler or the configure script can't
find it.

Check if /lib/cpp exists and you can run g++ from the commandline. Check
that g++ is installed:

$ rpm -qa | grep gcc
$ rpm -qa | grep ++

Peter