[Nottingham] LUG meet days - always on Wednesdays

James Green jkg at jimbo.org.uk
Mon Oct 25 15:44:01 BST 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 02:36:08PM +0100, Martin Garton wrote:

> What do other people think about this?  Personally, 1st and 3rd Wednesdays
> of each month is fine with me, but to be a bit more accommodating for
> others maybe we could do something like first Wednesday and third Thursday
> of each month instead for example.

I'm sure someone said recently on IRC that they rarely if ever made
meetings because they were always on Wednesday. Personally, I can make
most weekday evenings in theory, and in practice rarely[1] manage to haul
myself in from Beeston anyway...

Other similar organisations I've been involved with have (for instance)
had their meetings on a fairly random mixture of Tuesdays, Wednesdays
and Thursdays. I think OxLUG do Sunday evenings. *shrug* Any day you
pick is going to annoy *someone*, *somewhere* :-/

James.
[1] Well, once...
--
jkg((-.+)?@(|the\.)earth.li|@(jimbo|wonky)\.org\.uk|03u at cs\.nott\.ac\.uk)