[Nottingham] Yellow Dog day

Robert Ross rross at dmu.ac.uk
Fri Sep 10 14:17:57 BST 2004

>On Friday 10 September 2004 09:34, Robert Ross wrote:
> ...well if you're bored I have a slight problemette...

>I'm no longer bored :) -- you top-posted so I have no choice but to reply
and
>tell you off :)

> I am trying to get sendmail and a backup cron job working on a Yellow
> Dog server that I have 'inherited' with this job.  Both services have
> been fiddled with by the previous 'owner' and I cannot find out where
> they're broke.  I have been using Linux for about a year and have no
> scripting experience.  Isn't this getting interesting.

>I sympathise - I have also inherited some beasts from previous sysadmins.

> /usr/bin/run-parts: /etc/cron.hourly/backup.cron: /bin/sh: bad
> interpreter: No such file or directory

>Just an idea: is cron chroot-jailed?

Hi

Trying not to top-post :-)

Also been in a meeting for over 4 hours :-((

Eeerrr excuse my ignorance, what is 'chroot-jailed'?

Johannes:  Yep there is a /bin/sh and it is on 755 (Did that last week after
finding stuff on Google - see I have been trying ;-)
No, the line is not commented out with a #

Graeme: Found that page and others of a similar ilk, but as mentioned in the
post - Google doesn't help much.

Will continue to plod away

Robb