[Nottingham] testing to stable on release day

James Green jkg at jimbo.org.uk
Thu Sep 16 16:40:04 BST 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 02:12:28PM +0100, Haber, Michael wrote:
> I've got a number (60ish) of debian stable boxes at work, and i'd like
> get them upgraded to the new release now for various reasons. What
> would happen if I do a dist-upgrade to testing now, and change my
> sources to stable again on the day the new version of stable is
> released? Then apt-get update any changes.

I think what you really really want to do is set all your sources lines
to say "sarge" -- this will achieve what you described without any
fretting on the release day :)

Cheers,
James.
--
PGP fingerprint 3E85 0C7A FE11 42E9 A599 094D AE16 90F0 81AE 16FF, ID 81AE16FF
[It is] best to confuse only one issue at a time.