[Nottingham] FS: (For Free) clear out stuff; Phat Sun Monitors

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 00:12:28 BST 2004

Paul Sladen wrote:
[...]
> My desk in Beeston at the moment.  I mainly work off my ThinkPad now
> when travelling and working and keep around a Libretto (or two!) in
> London as backups, or even smaller computers.

Mmmm --- Could you give us a talk on Small Computers & Mobile Working?

Please (;-))

> Maybe you'll get to re-experience it!  :-)

Like you, I've no spare space for such things.

My contribution to history is in keeping an old creed teletype machine
here. If I make the time, I might solder up an interface to show it off
at the awareness day.

> What was disappointing about the beer afterwards?

The lack of beers and the very slow shoddy indifferent excuse for
wasting our time waiting for to be served. I was very lucky to get just
two beers. The previous fortnight I had to give up after just one beer!

I think another post-meet venue is in order.

martin at ml1.co.uk