[Nottingham] testing to stable on release day

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Tue Sep 21 16:08:43 BST 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 04:02:43PM +0100, Alex Tibbles wrote:
>  --- Simon Huggins <huggie at earth.li> wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 04:50:36PM +0100, Alex Tibbles wrote:
> > > ... there are issues with migrating from woody to
> > > sarge. Eg. on i386 (and another arch I can't recall) there is a
> > > circular dependency (not in packaging but in reality) between
> > > libc6 and (linux) kernel. I can't remember off-hand if it affects
> > > 2.4, 2.6 or both, I'm afraid.
> > Right but this is actually just for 386 processors if I recall
> > correctly.
> I believe (but cannot verify) that a similar problem affects powerpc
> too.

It's mips (and mipsel) I think.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2004/09/msg00085.html

Sorry for overreacting before - just i386 is a term that has lost lots
of its significance and if people go away thinking it's hard to upgrade
on all x86 machines they would be wrong.

Basically check the release notes before you upgrade.

--
 ,--huggie-at-earth-dot-li--------stuff-thing-stuff----------DF5CE2B4--.
_|   "Bugs are nothing new, and nothing to be really afraid of." --   |_