[Nottingham] Mail?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 01:03:40 BST 2004

David Aldred wrote:
> The man page for Cron says:
>
> "When executing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or
[---]
> How does 'mail' in Linux work?  I expected that if I ran cron jobs with
[---]

Very well, and for many years (:-))

You just need to start your local mail service.

Mandrake comes with Postfix as standard. The config file is easy. MCC
likely has it all nicely scripted if you look.

Your biggest choice is whether to use 'mbox's in /var/spool, or
'Maildir's local to each user.

My strong preference is for users to have their own Maildir.

Then you'll next be asking about courier-imap and fetchmail!

Good items for a mini howto talk???

Good luck,

martin at ml1.co.uk